Why Hospice of the Valley
Hospice of the Valley is Arizona’s leading provider of end-of-life care. We are the largest not-for-profit hospice and one of the nation’s largest hospices. Yet we remain true to our original mission: Comfort and dignity as life nears its end. One patient and family at a time.
Our not-for-profit status means whatever money is leftover after paying our operating expenses goes back to patient care and program development, not to investors and executive pay.
Our unique features include:
- 24/7/365 care by on-duty staff, never an answering service.
- More staff with national certification in hospice and palliative care than any other hospice in the state. Our expert staff consistently wins national and state awards.
- Specialized services for specific diseases.
- Palliative care units Valleywide for patients who need round-the-clock care in small, home-like inpatient settings for limited periods.
- Comprehensive grief support counseling and support groups.
- End-of-life and respite care for seriously ill children and their families, including inpatient care at Ryan House, the Southwest’s only respite care home for children.
- Pet therapy.
Our dedication to impeccable customer service is reflected in family satisfaction survey results. More than 98 percent of respondents say they would recommend Hospice of the Valley to others.
For assistance, call 602.530.6900, or submit our Get Help form.